Yippee! It’s officially summer!
Unless you like winter – in which case just hang on for the next 92 days.
Today is the perfect day to tackle three quick catch-ups so you can relax and enjoy these lazy days…
1. Catch up on laundry
- Planning a day trip or vacation and need to get clothes ready?
- Back from a day trip or vacation – but you haven’t unpacked yet?
- Have a fun event planned and need a special outfit?
- Bathing suit still boxed up from last season?
- Just busy and have a load or two of laundry to catch up on?
Get that laundry in the washer and while it is washing try #2.
2. Catch up on mail
- Have a stack of incoming mail that keeps tipping over?
- Have a form you need to fill out?
- Have a magazine you need to read?
- Have a box of shred papers that need to go?
- Have a catalog you need to flip through?
Take this time to catch up while the wash is washing. You don’t have to go through ALL the papers – a handful is a success.
3. Catch up on your “fun” calendar entries
And now that you’ve caught up on laundry and your mail pile is a little shorter – you might even see a corner of your table – it is time to ensure you have some summer fun penciled in your calendar.
You know these summer days will pass by quickly, and I don’t want you to miss out on things that are important to you. When September rolls around I don’t want you to have any regrets – you know like “I wish we had done that.” or “We missed going to this.”
So today is the day to add the FUN to your calendar!
Do you want to:
- Check out the concerts in the park
- Plan day trips
- Get tickets to an event
- Sit and watch fireflies light up at night
- Roast s’mores over a fire
- Pick a day at the beach
- Schedule a get together with friends or family
- Host a picnic (perfect chance to finally use that picnic basket!)
- Learn to make homemade ice cream (don’t we all have an ice cream maker sitting in a box?)
- Or ______ fill-in-the-blank
Whatever sounds like fun – make sure you pencil it in today. Otherwise you run the risk of filling your days with other people’s priorities. I can’t wait to hear summer fun plans you come up with!