Yippee! It’s officially summer!
Unless you like winter – in which case just hang on for the next 92 days.
Today is the perfect day to tackle three quick catch-ups so you can relax and enjoy these lazy days…
1. Catch up on laundry
- Planning a day trip or vacation and need to get clothes ready?
- Back from a day trip or vacation – but you haven’t unpacked yet?
- Have a fun event planned and need a special outfit?
- Bathing suit still boxed up from last season?
- Just busy and have a load or two of laundry to catch up on?
Get that laundry in the washer and while it is washing try #2.
2. Catch up on mail
- Have a stack of incoming mail that keeps tipping over?
- Have a form you need to fill out?
- Have a magazine you need to read?
- Have a box of shred papers that need to go?
- Have a catalog you need to flip through?
Take this time to catch up while the wash is washing. You don’t have to go through ALL the papers – a handful is a success.
3. Catch up on your “fun” calendar entries
And now that you’ve caught up on laundry and your mail pile is a little shorter – you might even see a corner of your table – it is time to ensure you have some summer fun penciled in your calendar.
You know these summer days will pass by quickly, and I don’t want you to miss out on things that are important to you. When September rolls around I don’t want you to have any regrets – you know like “I wish we had done that.” or “We missed going to this.”
is the day to add the FUN to your calendar!
Do you want to:
- Check out the concerts in the park
- Plan day trips
- Get tickets to an event
- Sit and watch fireflies light up at night
- Roast s’mores over a fire
- Pick a day at the beach
- Schedule a get together with friends or family
- Host a picnic (perfect chance to finally use that picnic basket!)
- Learn to make homemade ice cream (don’t we all have an ice cream maker sitting in a box?)
- Or ______ fill-in-the-blank
Whatever sounds like fun – make sure you pencil it in today.
Otherwise you run the risk of filling your days with other people’s priorities. I can’t wait to hear summer fun plans you come up with!